Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Liz's Grandma's Mung Bean Pancakes

Liz's sauce for mung bean pancakes.jpg

Liz's grandma's mung bean pancakes.jpg
photos: Chris B.

My amazing roomie Liz finished reheating her grandma's left over mung bean pancakes in the oven, just as I rolled back in from a run. The bindae duks (Korean) were quite hearty - and vegan - combination of sautéed onion, kim chee and garlic mixed in to a batter of mung beans, soaked and blended with water in to paste. Liz's ad hoc savory sauce - of tamari, lemon juice, rice vinegar, freshly grated ginger and sriracha chili sauce with a pinch of sugar and sesame seeds - made these pancakes irresistible. Liz told me, "my grandmother is such a good cook. She's awesome." And from what I can tell, she is absolutely right.

Liz's Grandma at center (photo: Liz H.).jpg
Liz's grandma (center), photo: Liz H.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Chris,
Thank GOD I made it into that picture. I love the post.
I hope I'm not pushing you over your 5 million visitors limit. If so, I promise I'll help pay the G-fee! :)
Have a great day!
Char

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home