Tuesday, December 12, 2006

5-Minute Gnocchi in Hummus Sauce

5-minute gnocchi with hummus based sauce

My roommate, Liz, and I had just returned from after work wine shopping and I was hungry for a quick homemade meal; I just didn't feel like cooking one. I had effortlessly bicycled the short trip from Lincoln Park to Wicker Park with 12 bottles of wine in a pair of Dutch style bags on my bicycle (available in the US through The Dutch Bicycle Company). The bottles clinking started another biker talking with me. As we rode together, we realized we knew some of the same people. Liz took the bus and came just as I was unloading. After the wine was upstairs, food was in order.

Tonight was one of the rare times when I neither wanted to go out for food, cook nor eat something directly from the cupboards. This is when a package of vacuum sealed gnocchi really comes in handy. Just dump the gnocchi in a pot of boiling water and wait for them to float up in about 2 to 3 minutes. Liz drained them and brought them back to the pot. We mixed in plain soy milk, olive oil, hummus and baby bak choi from Growing Home at Green City Market. It was marvelous and in a few minutes, my stomach was full.

photo: Chris B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home